In April, ECHA recommended to the European Commission the inclusion of 8 SVHC substances in the authorization list (Annex XIV of REACH), based on the prioritization supported by the opinion of the Member State Committee.
Therefore, the Commission and the Member States will soon discuss this proposal, also evaluating its impact and the regulatory activities in progress for the individual substances. These, if approved, can no longer be used and placed on the market in the absence of a specific request for authorization from the company.
The substances included in the recommendation are:
- Ethylenediamine (203-468-6);
- 2-(4-tert-butylbenzyl) propionaldehyde and its individual stereoisomers;
- Lead (231-100-4);
- Glutaral (203-856-5);
- 2-methyl-1-(4-methyl thiophenyl)-2-morpho linopropan-1-one (400-600-6);
- 2-benzyl-2-dimethylamino-4′-morpholinobutyrophenone (404-360-3)
- Diisohexyl phthalate (276-090-2); and
- Orthoboric acid, sodium salt (237-560-2).
In case you need support on REACH regulation, do not hesitate to contact us.