WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files sent from the site to the interested party’s terminal (usually to the browser), where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the site at the next visit by the same user. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from the user’s hard drive or transmit computer viruses or acquire e-mail addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user’s web browser. Some of the functions of cookies can be delegated to other technologies. In this document, the term ‘cookie’ refers to both cookies, proper, and all similar technologies.
Using cookies it is possible to record information relating to your preferences, such as the pages you browse or the download of files from our. site or other similar actions carried out by browsing our site.
FIRST OR THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Cookies can be first or third party, where “first party” means the cookies developed by the owner of the site, while “third party” means the cookies developed by third parties with respect to the owner of the site.
NATURE OF COOKIES
Regarding the nature of cookies, there are different types:
Technical cookies Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of “carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user. to provide this service “(see Article 122, paragraph 1, of the Code).
They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly by the website owner or manager. They can be divided into:
– navigation or session cookies, which guarantee normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas); they are in fact necessary for the proper functioning of the site;
– analytics cookies, similar to technical cookies when used directly by the site manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site, in order to improve site performance;
– functionality cookies, which allow the user to browse according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided. The prior consent of users is not required for the installation of these cookies (more information in the paragraph on Managing cookies below).
Profiling cookies Profiling cookies are designed to create user profiles and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user while surfing the net.
The consent of the interested party is required for the use of profiling cookies. According to the provision n. 229 of 8 May 2014, the user must be able to authorize or deny consent to the installation of profiling cookies if they are present.
In the case of third-party cookies, the site has direct control of individual cookies and can control them. You can manage these cookies through the settings of the appropriate banner that appears at the bottom right of the site navigation.
|Name of the cookie||Type||Duration||Description|
|_ga||Third parts||2 years||Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google uses the Personal Data collected for the purpose of tracking and examining the use of this Application, compiling reports and sharing them with other services developed by Google.|
|_gat||Third parts||1 Minute||This cookie is used to throttle request rate.These are third party cookies that are placed|
on your device to allow us to use the Google Analytics service. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the website.
|_gid||Third parts||1 day||Used by Google Analytics to store and count page views.|
DURATION OF COOKIES
Cookies have a duration dictated by the expiration date (or by a specific action such as closing the browser) set at the time of installation. Cookies can be:
• temporary or session (session cookies): they are used to store temporary information, allow you to connect the actions performed during a specific session and are removed from the computer when the browser is closed;
• permanent (persistent cookies): they are used to store information, such as the login name and password, in order to avoid the user having to type them again each time they visit a specific site. These remain stored on the computer even after closing the browser.
The so-called Session cookies, once the connection to this website is terminated, are not stored. The computer systems used for this site use temporary cookies.
MANAGEMENT OF COOKIES
You can disable cookies on websites by downloading special software such as Ghostery (https://www.ghostery.com) for your browser and disabling the use of individual cookies. Or you can activate the “anonymous browsing” mode – this is a function that allows you to browse without leaving a trace of the browsing data in the browser. This function only allows you not to keep browsing data in the browser.
Alternatively, you can disable / delete cookies by accessing the configuration panel of your browser.
ACCEPTANCE AND WAIVER OF COOKIES
At any time, you can call up the cookie choice banner (located at the bottom right of the page) and choose to activate or deactivate data collection for the services listed. You will always have the possibility to remove these cookies at any time through the aforementioned methods.